Happy Monday! I have been itching for another good red carpet post since my last one, so I figured I would tune into the 2015 BET Awards last night to see what they were working with. And I’m so glad I did! While this post is going to mainly focus on the fashion, I must say that I actually enjoyed the performances a lot more! Everyone who was alive during the Bad Boy era was mad hype when the Bad Boy 20-year tribute popped off! Whether you were in the audience at the actual awards show, or watching the awards at home on your couch, you jumped right to your feet when Diddy stepped out on stage. When each guest came out, you got even more hype! Oh hey Mase! You better sang that “Peaches and Cream”, 112! Slay Faith! Lil Kim! Queen Bee! You did that boo! Those were just some of my thoughts during that performance! You can catch a recap of all of the performances here.
But let’s get back to the fashion. While I wasn’t overly amazed at anyone’s outfit, overall everyone looked great.
1. I love this beaded, sheer, metallic Wes Gordon gown on Ciara. The plunging neckline and thigh high slit in front show off her svelte physique. Post baby snap back body on fleek! Her soft hair and makeup, and minimal accessories keep the focus on her stand out dress.
2. Tracee Ellis Ross got it right in all white last night (you see what I just did there). This midi dress fit her like a glove, and I’m always here for bold, gold statement pieces. Like always. And that hair, I meeeaaannnn, you just have to love it.
3. Sevyn Streeter looked pretty in hot pink in this fun, Solace London gown. The color is perfect for summer, and totally my style. I would’ve probably added a necklace with it, but otherwise I love it. Come through abs! I also love her sideswept loose waves.
4. Michelle Williams – Okay so normally there is something a little off about our girl Michelle’s red carpet choices. But I felt like she really got it right last night in this fitted green Herve Leger gown. It complimented her slender frame and caramel complexion beautifully! And that hair is laid and that face is beat. Werk Michelle, boo!
5. LeToya Luckett was sleek and sassy in this white House of Zhivago dress. I must admit, I mainly love the look because I love a good white dress, and she wore it very well. The thigh slit shows just enough leg with out turning ratchet. I don’t love the shoes though, I probably would have gone with a simple, strappy sandal. Her long bob and smoky eye are the perfect finishing touches to the outfit.
6. Janelle Monae – So. Janelle Monae looks really nice and regal, as usual. I love her gold accessories with her black cape/dress number by Safiyaa. I’m completely here for her shoes. Her makeup is subtly smoldering, and I appreciate her pompadour/fishtail combo. However, I am kind of waiting for her to reeaallly step out of her box. But I mean, she knows what works for her, which is always good.
1. August Alsina – So liiiikkkkeeee, what in the color bocked, tunic shirt dress, cropped liquid legging, bedazzled smoking slippers does he have on?
2. Bobby V – I’m sure y’all saw that White Power Ranger meme. That meme sums up this look perfectly. I have no more words, but I just want to know where Mrs. Officer is so she can arrest him for this outfit choice.
3. FloRida – Ahm..well…I just hate this.
4. Tinashe…I just don’t see what you were trying to do there. She’s flawless from her collarbone up though!
5. Christina Milian – Again…not sure what she was trying to do there? Makeup and hair look nice though!
6. Zendaya – You know…this saddens me, but I had to do it. She definitely has the legs for this look. Definitely. I’m just not feeling it. I’m not loving the wig either. I loved her previous pixie wig, but this one looks a little…different.
Fab Couples – I really just included this section because one of my friends wanted me to include Boris. I hope she’s happy, lol.
1. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe – There is no denying they are a beautiful couple, and they compliment each other very well. I love how they are coordinating with the black and white. Kudos to Kodjoe for breaking out of the traditional suit look. Is it just me, or does Nicole look like Jada Pinkett Smith in this shot?
2. Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill – Don’t love either of their outfits but, they’re so cute together!
3. Sevyn Streeter and B.O.B. – I feel like they don’t get too much shine as a couple, but they look good together, no?
4. Russell Wilson and Ciara – These two are my favorite couple at the moment. They just seem so wholesome and nice! Ciara’s slayage almost makes up for Russell’s bedazzled blazer/ripped skinnies/pointy toe patent leather shoesies situation. Almost.
So there’s my red carpet round-up! Who were some of your favorites from last night? Let me know below!
CONNECT WITH ME