When it comes to most award shows, I’m just here for the fashion. Watching the E! Red Carpet, or any other red carpet show, is what I look forward to.
Last night, the red carpet for the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards did not disappoint! There were so many stunning dresses, it was hard for me to choose just one or two favorites! After reviewing pictures of everyone on various social media sites, I have narrowed down my favorites to ten. Here’s my list below:
1. Camila Alves in Donna Karan Atelier – She is just slaying! The color, the fit, and the draping of the dress just drew me in! Her husband, Matthew McConaughey, didn’t look half bad either (but this list is all about the ladies)!
2. Lupita Nyong’o in Elie Sabb – Everyone is here for Lupita! She’s elegant, stunning, and basically, everything in this dress. I’m loving her switched up hairstyle as well. Did everyone love the cute little moment when Jared Leto pulled her in close when they were presenting/accepting Mark Ruffalo’s award?? Her smile and slight head shake were priceless! Lol!
3. Kimiko Glenn in Gemy Maalouf – Kimiko looks like a little bombshell in this fitted strapless number! I love the subtle taupe color, and it fits her like a glove. The tulle ruffle at her hip, her side swept waves, and lucite clutch really set the whole look off to me. Yaasss.
4. Viola Davis in Max Mara – Everyone knows I have a thing for white dresses, and Viola wore this white halter dress very, very well. The cut and color of the dress showcases her flawless skin, and toned arms. And I know natural hair girls everywhere are here for her twa! Her husband looked quite dapper on her arm as well.
5. Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza – I love it when stars wear red gowns on the red carpet. I think it’s a bold move, and it photographs so well. This dress is quite simple, yet so attention grabbing because of the color. It works really well with her hair and eyes, and she looks effortlessly chic.
6. Julianne Moore in Givenchy – Julianne was serving up some emerald embellished realness in this gown. Jewel toned dresses are some of the best to wear on the red carpet, and this dress is no exception. I love the color against her skin tone and hair, the fit, and the short train. Stunning.
7. Reese Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani – Reese also wore my favorite dress color last night, and did it it’s due justice. If you’re able to see a zoomed in picture of the dress, you’ll notice that there is gorgeous matte sequin detailing along the front of the dress. Her hour glass figure is popping and her hair, make up, and accessories work well together.
8. Sofia Vergara in Donna Karan Atelier – Sofia is serving up major bombshell in this red number, as per usual. She stuck with her signature sultry look, and I’m all for it. Makes me ready for Valentine’s Day!
9. Danielle Brooks in Christian Siriano – Danielle looked so pretty and classic in this dress. She was one of the few stars who chose to wear a navy blue hue, so it automatically set her apart in my opinion. The different textures of the dress are gorgeous, and the cut expertly showcased her curves.
10. Sarah Paulson in Giorgio Armani – While white and colorful dresses are my favs, I also love a good, classic, black and white dress. So Sarah Paulson was the perfect SAG red carpet star to end my list. The simple structured cape top, and slightly slimmer fitted bottom are giving me minimalist perfection. Her black and white accessories and brick red nails add just enough jazz to make the overall look a hit.
So those are my top 10 picks from last night. Honorable mentions include : Paula Patton, Emma Stone, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Joanne Froggatt, and Uzo Aduba.
Now I’m going to catch the rest of the Fashion Police, and see how my list compares with theirs! Who had your favorite looks from last night?